At theMART, we are committed to green initiatives. Here are some tips and links to help you go green at work and at home.
- Optimize power settings on computers and electronic devices. Shut down at the end of the day.
- Unplug printers, scanners, and copiers only used occasionally.
- Turn off all lights and any audio/visual equipment not being used.
- Use revolving doors when possible.
- Be conscious of printing: can it be double-sided or kept digital?
- Purchase recycled materials, such as recycled paper.
- Bring lunch and use reusable containers to save unnecessary waste and personal costs.
- Bring in mugs, glasses, and utensils.
- Try to notice what uses energy and water, and what creates waste. Simply raising your awareness positively changes habits.
- Click on the links below for more tips: