Rules and Regulations
In addition to the requirements of each Tenant’s Lease, Tenant agrees to comply and to use commercially reasonable efforts to cause its employees, agents, servants, clients, customers, invitees, licensees and guests to observe and comply, at all times, with the following rules and regulations and with such reasonable modifications thereof and additions thereto as Landlord may make from time to time for the Building:
- (A) Except as otherwise expressly permitted in the Lease, no sign, picture, advertisement or notice, typewritten or otherwise, shall be displayed, inscribed, painted or affixed on any part of the outside or inside of the Building, or on or about the Premises, except on glass of the doors and windows of the Premises and on the directory board of the Building and then only of such nature, color, size, style and material as shall be first approved by Landlord in writing.
- (B) Tenant shall not, without Landlord's prior written consent, install or operate any heating device, refrigerating or air conditioning equipment, steam or internal combustion engine, boiler, stove, machinery or mechanical devices upon the Premises or carry on any mechanical or manufacturing business thereon, or use or permit to be brought into the Building flammable fluids or use any illumination other than electric lights. All equipment, fixtures, lamps and bulbs shall be compatible with, and not exceed the capacity of, the Building's electrical system. No explosives, firearms, radioactive or toxic or hazardous substances or materials, or other articles deemed extra hazardous to life, limb or property shall be brought into the Building or the Premises.
- (C) Tenant shall not make noises, cause disturbances or vibrations, or use or operate any electrical or electronic device or other devices that emit sound or other waves or disturbances, including wireless internet access points and wireless networks or computer devices, or create odors or noxious fumes, any of which may be offensive to other tenants and occupants of the Building or that would interfere with the operation of any device or equipment or radio or television broadcasting or reception from or within the Building or elsewhere. Should Tenant use or operate any electrical, electronic or medical devices that emit sound, x-rays, ultrasound, radio or other waves or transmissions, including wireless internet access points and wireless networks or computer devices, Tenant shall ensure that all such transmissions are done in a commercially safe manner in compliance with all Laws using proper shielding and protection methods to prevent hazardous emissions or interference with Building systems or other tenants. Tenant shall also not place or install any projections, antennae, aerials or similar devices inside the Premises or outside of the Premises in the Building. Neither Tenant nor any third party contractor, agent, licensee or affiliate of Tenant shall (1) resell internet access or otherwise charge others for internet access in the Building without Landlord’s prior written approval; and (2) use internet services for operation as an internet service provider from the Premises, or for any other business enterprise within the Building.
- (D) Unless Landlord is expressly providing janitorial services in the Premises under the Lease, all janitorial work for the Premises, except the washing of exterior windows, shall be paid for by Tenant. Any person or persons employed by Tenant to do janitorial work for the Premises shall be subject to and under the control and direction of the building manager while in the Building and outside of the Premises on the Property, but not as an agent of Landlord. Tenant shall be responsible, at its sole cost and expense, for the removal of refuse and rubbish from the Premises. Any refuse and rubbish shall be stored and transported in containers acceptable to Landlord and shall be deposited in locations acceptable to Landlord and consistent with practices established by Landlord for the Building generally.
- (E) Tenant shall, at its expense, provide light and electricity for agents or contractors of Landlord while doing work and making Improvements in the Premises.
- (F) The location and manner of installation of all telephone, internet, communication, signal and electric connections, cabling and wiring, shall be subject to the prior written approval of Landlord before the same are installed, and the work in connection therewith shall be subject to the direction of Landlord. Landlord reserves the right to designate and control the entity or entities providing telephone or other communication cable installation, repair and maintenance in the Building and to restrict and control access to telephone cabinets. In the event Landlord designates a particular vendor or vendors to provide such cable installation, repair and maintenance for the Building, Tenant agrees to abide by and participate in such program. Tenant agrees to remove all cables or wires it installed in the Premises or the Building during the Term at the expiration or termination of this Lease at its sole cost and expense in accordance with the Lease.
- (G) Tenant must obtain a building pass/permit to remove any furniture, equipment and fixtures from the Building. Such pass shall be presented to the security officer or elevator operator.
- (H) Tenant, its customers, invitees, licensees, agents, servants, employees and guests shall not encumber or obstruct exits, sidewalks, entrances, passages, loading or parking areas, courts, corridors, vestibules, halls, elevators, stairways or other common areas in or about the Building.
- (I) No bicycles or other vehicles (other than in designated parking areas) and no animals of any kind (except seeing eye dogs and other service animals) shall be allowed in the Premises, halls, corridors or any other part of the Building.
- (J) Tenant shall not allow anything to be placed against or near the glass in the partitions between the Premises and the halls or corridors of the Building which shall diminish the light in the halls or corridors.
- (K) Tenant shall not allow anything to be placed on the outer window ledges of the Premises, or on roof areas adjoining the Premises, nor shall anything be thrown by Tenant or its employees out of the windows or off of the Building. Tenant shall keep all windows closed.
- (L) No additional locks shall be placed upon any doors of the Premises and no locks shall be changed without the prior written consent of Landlord. Tenant will not permit any duplicate keys to be made (all necessary keys will be furnished by Landlord), but if more than two keys for any door lock are desired, the additional number must be paid for by Tenant. Upon the expiration or termination of this Lease, Tenant shall surrender all keys of the Premises and of the Building and give to Landlord the explanation of the combination of all locks on safes or vault doors or security systems in the Premises.
- (M) The building manager shall at all times keep a pass key and be allowed admittance to the Premises to cover any emergency, fire or other casualty that may arise and in other appropriate instances. Landlord and Landlord's agents and the Lender shall have the right to enter the Premises at all reasonable hours to examine the same.
- (N) Unless otherwise advised by Landlord, neither Tenant nor its employees shall undertake to regulate the radiator controls or thermostats. Tenant shall report to the Office of the Building whenever such thermostats or radiator controls are not working properly or satisfactorily.
- (O) If Tenant desires shades or venetian blinds for outside windows, they must be furnished and installed at the expense of Tenant, and must be of such type, color, material and make as may be prescribed by Landlord.
- (P) Tenant assumes full responsibility for protecting its space from weather, theft, robbery and pilferage. Tenant shall keep its doors locked and other means of entry into the Premises closed and secured outside of Business Hours.
- (Q) Tenant shall not peddle, canvass, solicit or distribute handbills or flyers on or about the Property except as specifically authorized by Landlord. Peddlers and solicitors shall be reported to the Office of the Building or as Landlord otherwise requests.
- (R) Tenant shall not sell food of any kind or cook in the Premises. Tenant may install and operate in the Premises vending machines, coffee-makers and microwaves for the convenience of its employees and invitees, subject to any applicable Building rules and regulations and all Laws.
- (S) Tenant shall not waste or permit the waste of water.
- (T) Tenant shall use neither the name of the Building (except as the address of its business) nor pictures of the Building in advertising or other publicity or for any other purpose without Landlord's prior written consent.
- (U) In accordance with Laws, the Building and areas adjoining its entrances are designated as non-smoking areas. Tenant shall require its employees to abide by such prohibitions.
- (V) Tenant shall not allow or permit automated teller machines, or similar cash dispensing devices, to be available in the Premises for public use.
- (W) Tenant shall comply with all rules and restrictions respecting the use of any parking facilities or loading dock facilities on or serving the Property.
- (X) Tenant agrees to cooperate with and take part in all “green” initiatives which are part of the Building’s operations, certifications, policies or programs, or as required by any Laws, including but not limited to recycling and energy and water conservation programs, and work with Landlord to maximize any of the Building’s sustainability features.
Landlord reserves the right to make such other and further reasonable rules and regulations as in Landlord's judgment may from time to time be needful for the safety, care and cleanliness of the Premises and the prudent operation of the Building and for the preservation of good order therein.