Tenant Handbook

Business Licences

The City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) issues business licenses in the City of Chicago and regulates all industries including, wholesale, retail and food establishments. BACP also regulates the sale of retail liquor in Chicago.

Most types of business licenses can be applied for online or in person. When in person a BACP Business Consultant will help determine what licenses or permits you need, process your application and also connect you with business resources. BACP is located in City Hall, 121 N. LaSalle St., Room 800. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm You can request an appointment with a business consultant here or by calling 312-74-GOBIZ (744-6249).

For City of Chicago BACP Website click here