Fire Life and Safety
Do not accumulate quantities of discarded files or other paper trash in your office or storage area. Pay special attention to housekeeping in those departments that produce quantities of debris, such as duplication machines, mailing and receiving rooms.
Do not store large quantities of flammable solvents, duplicating fluids, or other combustible fluids.
Keep electrical appliances in good repair. Report unsafe conditions to the Service Desk at (312) 527-6000.
When furnishing an office, consider the fire potential of materials used in large amounts, like overstuffed chairs, settees, couches or anything that could become a combustible item. Such furnishings should be flame-proofed.
Where potential for fire is especially high, such as supply rooms, tenants may wish to consider installing additional fire extinguishers.
THE MART is a "No Smoking" building.
IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE, you should remain calm and:
- Call 911 from a safe location.
- After 911, call Security at (321) 527-7700.
- Evacuate or relocate and assist all others in the immediate area.
- Close doors behind you to isolate fire.
- Proceed to stairwells and listen for instructions. NEVER use the elevators.
- Be cautious when opening doors so as not to spread the fire.
- Touch any door to see if it is hot before opening.
- If smoke is present, stay low and crawl with your body against the floor. The clearest air is near the floor. If forced to make a dash through smoke or flame, hold your breath and cover your nose and mouth with an article of clothing.